Monday, July 19, 2004

Should I Shave or Should I Grow?

I seem to have accidentally deleted my first go at this. Technical difficulties will occur in all endeavors.

Basically, I want to work on my writing since Caltech did nothing good for it. I imagine it will be an important skill in law school and I want to brush up on it. I also want a place to work on some ideas, play with them, and figure out what I think or believe. Hence the title.

I want to make my writing direct and effective. It should have a minimum level of esoteric showiness, intentional obfuscation, and circumspection. For example, in future grafs, the previous sentence would be brutally edited out. The reading I have been doing this summer can be summarized as: lawyers write poorly. This creates numerous problems (imagining them is an exercise left to the reader).

As for the title of the first post, it was a little musing over two weeks of stubble. I mustn't take myself too seriously after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger stephen said...

Welcome, Tom. Glad to see you're on board. But a quick warning: It seems Blogger requires commenters to have an account. If they don't, it only allows them to post anonymously. Your blog doesn't allow anonymous comments, therefore the dozens of adoring young nubile fans who beat me to this page were, alas, unable to send their love. Thought you should know.

July 19, 2004 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home