Thursday, August 12, 2004

All Scholarly Activity - Halt!

I have been thoroughly seduced by Bangkok 8. The karmic detective motif is so fresh, it ranks up there with Holmes and Marlowe in my pantheon of great detectives. I'll have more to say when I finish the book.

And thanks to Shep's flattering comment on my aesthetics...

(the link)

Oh... it's almost five in the morning. I do not think I have ever read a mystery as taut or as brutal as this one. Wow. Chilling. That's all I can say. I give my highest recommendation.

1 Comments:

Blogger stephen said...

Hey, it wasn't the aesthetics that I objected to, but the practicality. Man, aesthetics would be a whole nother thesis... };-} Anyway, hey, if you're into the book exchange thing, mail me the book when you finish. Someday, and this day may never come, I can do you a favor.

August 13, 2004 at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home